Europa-List: My ailerons wont go down

Subject: Europa-List: My ailerons wont go down
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:44:48
I am rigging everything prior to closing

I made some templates 23.5 up and 20 down for use on the underside mindful
or buds strictures to measure at the hinge

I have followed the procedure on the book (i think).

*1. Check that the short aileron link-rod is adjusted such that when the
bellcrank W13 is against its **stop, the aileron has moved 23.5=C2=BA up.*
*2. With the aileron at neutral, adjust the length of the lateral push-rod
so that the quick-connect **bellcrank W16 is at 90=C2=BA to a line between
both
spar bushes.*
*3. Adjust the tie-rod between both cranks CS08 so that both control
columns are parallel.*
*4. Adjust the short outer push-rods between the CS08=99s and the CS1
5
bellcranks so that the latter are **vertical when the control columns are
vertical.*
*When the wings are rigged the aileron movement should be 23.5=C2=BA up and
 20=C2=BA
down with full lateral **control column movement and both ailerons should
be in their neutral positions together when the*
*control columns are vertical.*

My ailerons go up the required 23.5 deg against both stops but they don't
go down the required 20 deg...not even close I would guess that they are
about 15-17 down

I have taken it to bits and put it together fiddled around but Im stumped.
 What I am I doing wrong?

Might it be that the control columns should not be parallell in this case
due to variation in the build....

thanks

Will

William Daniell