Europa-List: Re: My ailerons wont go down

Subject: Europa-List: Re: My ailerons wont go down
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:22:07

You're quite sure that the aileron mass balances aren't touching the wing upper
surfaces inside the recesses? I have the old foam-filled wings and maybe such
a phenomenon isn't likely with the newer factory-made wings.

I sure struggled with shaving bits of lead and adjusting the aileron mass
balance
arm attachments until I could barely reach the down limit.

Then of course there's the problem which could arise if the aileron quick
connector
pivots in the fuselage and on the spars don't align.

I ended the long struggle to rig the ailerons correctly with only just getting
sufficient up and down deflection, but with a tiny amount of reflex when both
ailerons are ostensibly in the neutral position.

Read this topic online here: