Re: Europa-List: Re: My ailerons wont go down

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: My ailerons wont go down
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:55:49
mmm yes did all that right...I think.    I put the spar pins and put
straight edge between them in and then used an set square to ensure QD face
90deg to straight edge

Obviously I am doing something wrong....but I can figure out what.

I mean I set the up stop to 23.5 degrees

i made the wing QD vertical to a line between the spar pins

I made the control columns vertical and parallel

Set the the fuze QD vertical

and the result is ....It's driving me mad because I cant see the error.

Am I measuring the deflection wrong by using a template of  24% degree
relative to the lower wing skin on the aileron hinge?....Or measuring the
down deflection in the same way using a 20 deg template?

I read Bud's instructions and I understand that in practice the up
deflection should be 1 degree less than the 23.5deg of the manual... I will
try that for a start and then start adjusting the short link rods of the
fuselage to get more down throw

thanks for you help

Will

William Daniell