Re: Europa-List: My ailerons wont go down

Subject: Re: Europa-List: My ailerons wont go down
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 17:25:15
David
Yes the thought ocurred to me and it could be that this is the root of the
problem.  I made two templates and following buds instructions measured at
the hinge both for up and down ie using the lower surface of the wing
compared to the lower surface of the aileron.   So yes I am measuring both
up and down from the same place...the inboard hinge mid point.
Is this correct?
Will
On 24 Jun 2014 12:43, "David Joyce" <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk> wrote:

> davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
>

> William, I don't know the answer, but if you haven't got one I would
> strongly advise getting or borrowing a Smart Tool so that you can easily
> and very accurately measure angles. It does occur to me to wonder whether
> you are measuring your up and down angles off the same surface (i.e. Are
> you measuring the neutral angle of say the upper surface, then measuring
> the up and down angles of the upper surface, rather than the up angle of
> the upper surface and the down angle of the lower surface) Regards, David
> Joyce, G-XSDJ
>
>  William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am rigging everything prior to closing
>>
>> I made some templates 23.5 up and 20 down for use on the underside mindf
ul
>> or buds strictures to measure at the hinge
>>
>> I have followed the procedure on the book (i think).
>>
>> *1. Check that the short aileron link-rod is adjusted such that when the
>> bellcrank W13 is against its **stop, the aileron has moved 23.5=C2=BA up
.*
>> *2. With the aileron at neutral, adjust the length of the lateral push-r
od
>> so that the quick-connect **bellcrank W16 is at 90=C2=BA to a line betwe
en both
>> spar bushes.*
>> *3. Adjust the tie-rod between both cranks CS08 so that both control
>> columns are parallel.*
>> *4. Adjust the short outer push-rods between the CS08=99s and the
CS15