Europa-List: FK fairings...............input requested.

Subject: Europa-List: FK fairings...............input requested.
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:05:46
Gidday,
Some of you may recognise these beautiful fairings of Fred Kleins, the
Spitfire mod I call it. Freds instructions can be modified of course,
and I=92ve done that by keeping them complete as one piece, and making
them removable with a few minutes and a spanner. I am interested in
input on what people think of the aerodynamic impact of me doing it this
way though, whereas Fred kept the aerodynamic efficiency of the top
section of the fairing by splitting it such that half stays on the fuse,
half on wing an half on flap. This means that half the fairing
articulates as the flap does, which means it has half the impact. I
expect I will have less root lift obviously, and more drag, however I
hear that the aircraft needs more drag, so I=92ll certainly get that. I
have a little clamshell speed brake here, and possibly I might have a
greater load on my flaps due to the drag, but the air can also get under
the outer portion of the fairing and mightn=92t be too disturbed except
for the portion completely under the fairing. If I don=92t like this
setup, or decide to change it during the build, I can cut them to follow
FKs intent. Meanwhile I would like to request input from others. Thanks
Regards
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie.

P.S. I am unsure if my photos will be embedded in the list bounced
emails. I don=92t get other people=92s photos, which is irritating, and
hope that others don=92t have this issue.

P.S.S. or is it P.P.S.  ?   Thank you for the responses regarding my
battery location question.