Europa-List: Re: 912 ULS SB New Fuel Pump

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 912 ULS SB New Fuel Pump
From: Richard Wheelwright <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 06:58:34

Richard,
     I fitted a UMA fuel pressure gauge from the start, calibration results are
good (Advice given by Andy Draper) I agree the fuel pressure gauge is a must
fit item. It has already proved it reason it should  be in an aircraft panel.
    OK, one problem with making the return restricter an increased hole size
from
the 0.35, (Printed in the LAA Magazine) is that it will not allow the electric
pump to deliver the 125% of fuel required by the LAA. This then makes the
aircraft unfit for flight !!!  OK a larger electric pump to deliver the correct
amount of fuel could be fitted, this would then increase the pressure.... so
it goes on etc... etc...
     Another point is that all new engines now have the new pump and pressure is
standard now at MAX 7.2 psi (5 bar) Aircraft kit suppler will have to alter
there biuld manuals to cover this also advising LAA of there intentions.  It is
going to be interesting to see how different Aircraft kit suppliers cover this
in there manuals

Richard

Read this topic online here: