Europa-List: Re: 912 ULS SB New Fuel Pump

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 912 ULS SB New Fuel Pump
From: Richard Wheelwright <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 00:57:09

Remi
     Thank you for your reply. Yes I agree with you totally and understand the
issue.
    I was just wanted to know if anyone had had any problems with the new
replacement
pumps? I'm satisfied with the pressure I have on my aircraft at a new 5.8
psi (4 bar) MAX, as this was the maximum limit with the old pump. the new max
limit is 7.2 psi (5 bar) and can not reached, this dew to the return to the
tank (unless it gets blocked)
      I did read the info in the LAA Magazine which give the thoughts of LAA
engineering
very well explained.
    I can see this subject coming up for discussion again, as eventual all
engines
will require the new pump, and it is included in the 5 year rubber replacement
and will need to be completed eventual.
    As my engine falls within the less than 5 years old and has just go into
service,
I decided it was a good move to fit the FREE replacement.

Richard

Read this topic online here: