Re: Europa-List: Re: 912 ULS SB New Fuel Pump

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: 912 ULS SB New Fuel Pump
From: richard <rcollings@talktalk.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 11:32:05

Hi Richard
I have been watching this problem for some time and for what its worth I
would fit a fuel pressure gauge if you haven't already and then adjust the
pressure by increasing the size/diameter of the metering hole in the return
line. The main problem [if you can call it that] is that the Rotax engine is
very efficient and uses very little fuel so the carburettor jetting is very
fine which in turn increases the danger of blockage. It sounds to me that
Rotax have sourced a pump that is capable of delivering a much greater
amount of fuel than its predecessor and is overwhelming the carburettor
float valve.