Re: Europa-List: Electric Flaps base attachment moves up and down under

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electric Flaps base attachment moves up and down under
From: nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:12:12
load

Hi Tony,

With regards to building in the reinforcements to accept the tri-gear
legs, I am in a position to tell you exactly what the weight penalty
will be.
I am developing a conventional undercarriage conversion and it was
imperative to know what the competing landing gear components weighed.
With this in mind, I acquired the remains of a crashed europa and cut
out the cruciform tri-gear reinforcement and trimmed these to represent
exactly the added material before weighing them.
I can tell you that the total for both is a not inconsiderable 6.400 kg.

If any one thing slugs performance and impacts fuel efficiency, its
weight. I would think very carefully before embarking on your "ballast"
mod  ;-)

Nigel

On 17/01/2014 06:32, Tony Renshaw wrote:
Snip .....
> Im even tempted to put in the main gear legs for the tri, because I have such
good access at the moment, but Im going taildragger already. The mod I am using
was offered up years ago by Bob Berube, of Florida, and it looks like it should
go really well, with similar geometry to the original mono wheel. Some have
said it might suit a different main gear position, and it does make me wonder
if I should set up the ply inserts in the back seat footwells, as I call them.
Anyone got an estimate of how long it would take to put in the inserts and
what theyd weigh to carry round?