Re: Europa-List: Re: airplast pv50 problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: airplast pv50 problem
From: pooh <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 16:31:58
=0AThanks for that Pete,=0AMy comment about no overspeed protect
ion was associated with the pre Smart controller set up.
Ie when all we had was a coarse/fine switch without clever
electronics.=0APete J=0A=0A=0A=0A-----Original Message-----=0AFrom: Pete
Lawless <pete@lawless.info>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Sat,
9 Nov 2013 18:30=0ASubject: RE: Europa-List: Re: airplast pv50
<pete@lawless.info>i AlanThis from SmartAvionics website.
Rev limiting is enabled in manual.Pete"The controller provid
es the following modes of operation:Disabled   The autom
atic control is completely disconnected, the +/- toggle switch
irectly controls the propeller pitch. Manual   The autom
atic control is connected but propeller pitch control is via
he +/- toggle switch. Automatic rev limiting is enabled. If
the mode buttons now pressed briefly, the mode changes to
cruise. Cruise   The controller endevours to keep the
RPM within a "dead band" around thearget cruise RPM by ad
justing the propeller pitch. The +/- toggle switchan be use
d to adjust the target RPM in steps of 50 RPM. Pressing
the modeutton briefly, toggles the mode back to manual.
Climb   Similar to cruise mode, except that the preset
"Climb RPM" is used.ushing the mode button for 1/2 of a
second or more selects this mode.ushing the mode button bri
efly, reverts to cruise mode. Takeoff   Similar to cli
mb mode, except that the preset "Takeoff RPM" is used.ushin
g the mode button for 1 second or more selects this mode.
Pushing theode button briefly, reverts to climb mode. Oper
ation of the CSC-1/P is very straightforward and places little
 workloadn the pilot. Before takeoff, takeoff mode is selec
ted by pressing the modeutton for about a second. Once sa
fely clear of the ground, climb mode iselected with a qui
ck press of the mode button. When the desired cruiseltitude
 is reached, a further quick press of the mode button sele
cts cruiseode and the throttle can then be adjusted to th
e cruise position. In theruise, the throttle works as a '
speed lever'. On descending to land,akeoff mode is reselected
 in case a go-around is necessary."-----Original Message-----
rom: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.commailto:owner-europa-list-server@
matronics.com] On Behalf Of Alan Carterent: 09 November 2013
16:55o: europa-list@matronics.comubject: Europa-List: Re: airplast
 <alancarteresq@onetel.net>Hi Peter.any thanks for that piece
of information, Peter, I,d better not do thatest with the
engine stationary, have the Smart version, can't find my
manual, but I thought I readomewhere in the manual you st
ill had over speed protection in Manual Mode,nd pitch contr
ol was by using the +/- toggle switch, if you select  Di
sablet shows OFF ad you lose overspeed protection, I will
have to look for myanual, I could well be wrong , but
it will make me do a bit of revision andook things up
again the old memory not so good in retirement.Regards l
anead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/vie
wtopic.php?p=412586#412586-- his message has been
 scanned for viruses andangerous content by Houxou, and is
===========================
=================-=-=
  -- Please Support Your Lists This Month ---=
       (And Get Some AWESOME FREE Gifts!)-=-=
  November is the Annual List Fund Raiser.  Click on-=
   the Contribution link below to find out more about-=
   this year's Terrific Free Incentive Gifts provided-=
  by:-=   -=     * AeroElectric www.aeroelectr
ic.com-=     * The Builder's Bookstore www.buildersbooks.
com-=     * HomebuiltHELP www.homebuilthelp.com-=
  * My Pilot Store www.mypilotstore.com-=     * Rac
e Consulting www.mrrace.com-=-=   List Contribution Web
Site:-=-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/contribution-=
-=   Thank you for your generous support!-=-=

-Matt Dralle, List Admin.-=-=============
Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,-= Photoshare, and much m
uch more:-=-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europ
  - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS --= Same great content also
available via the Web Forums!-=-=   --> http://forums.