RE: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel to trigear conversion - figures

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel to trigear conversion - figures
From: Max Cointe Free <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 15:53:46

Hi Jonathan,
> Should 1450 lbs ever get approved, then one of the conditions imposed to
use the extra 80 lbs would almost certainly be to instal a 100 hp engine.
F-PMLH has a 912ULS and weight exactly 920 lbs empty.
> This plan should work well for us with 861 lbs empty weight, but in the
example of a 920 lb airframe also limited to 50 litres, there would only be
370 lbs        > remaining. Sorry to bore you with my simple arithmetic, but
more than 4 decades of earning my living as a pilot have shaped my thinking
into non-adventurous mode, > as far as aircraft loading is concerned.
Never been able to put physically more than 59 liters for full(of which 9 in
the reserve part)and very happy with 2 and half hours of autonomy (plus 20
mn reserve). So the two (owners) of us weight less than 180 lbs or die :-)

Cheers
Max  Cointe
mcointe@free.fr
F-PMLH Europa XS_TriGear
Kit #560-2003 912ULS/AirmasterAP332 450 hours

F-PLDJ DynAro MCR 4S
Kit #27-2002 912ULSFR/MTProp MTV7A 1550 hours