Re: Europa-List: Right mag drop and rought running on 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Right mag drop and rought running on 914
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 19:52:49
Bob
I think they are out to confuse us!:)
That diagram is for the 912 , don't  know why it's in that manual unless the
re is a footnote
Somewhere. I do know that my 914 top module, top plugs, bottom module, botto
m plugs.
Guess we need a rotax guy to pipe in on this. Maybe can explain whats what!

Jerry

Sent from my iPad

On May 20, 2013, at 6:27 PM, Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com> wrote:

> Jerry,
>
> I thought it was as you said, but when I went to the 914 installation manu
al it showed different:

> <914 ignition.jpg>
>

> Blue skies & tailwinds,
> Bob Borger
> Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
> Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
> 3705 Lynchburg Dr.
> Corinth, TX  76208-5331
> Cel: 817-992-1117
> rlborger@mac.com
>
> On May 20, 2013, at 8:08 PM, Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com> wrote:
>

> Bob
> What you show for the ignition modules is correct for the 912, however the
 914 is wired differently. The top module fires the top plugs and the bottom
 module the bottom plugs.
> I went through this last year and had to replace the top module, only two o
f the top plugs failed on mine module so through a process of pulling wires o
n plugs I was able to find it. I sent the suspect module in for testing and i
t confirmed what I found. Switching the the two modules to see if the proble
m moves is also a method to discover the issue.