Re: Europa-List: Monowheel to trigear conversion - figures

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel to trigear conversion - figures
From: Jeffrey Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 18:26:27
Jonathan,
Get the wheel paints and gear leg covers and if you want to take it
further make leg end fairings and you'll get all the speed back except 2
KTS. Then on the other hand maybe the speed isn't important and thats
fine to. Gold Rush is an XS tri with the new 912ULS, sensenich ground
adjustable prop and at 7K ft and 5400 RPM's it does 130KTS every time.

Best,

Jeff R. N128LJ Gold Rush / FOR SALE

On May 20, 2013, at 5:59 PM, jonathanmilbank wrote:

<jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>

> I have just converted my Classic with 912UL 80hp and Airmaster 332vp
prop from mono to tri. I'm completely satisfied and delighted with the
results and particularly I must thank Neville Eyre for his excellent
work.

> For your interest, my conversion has bare undercarriage legs and
wheels, no spats (pants) or fairings intended, utilises the original
combined flap/undercarriage lever to operate the flaps without needing
an electric motor and has finger brakes.

> This has all resulted in a net empty weight gain of 43 lbs (about 20
kg) to 861 lbs and the cruise speed has reduced by 8 knots from 120 to
112 at the identical power setting.

> The most important reduction for me has been the reduction in stress
when landing the mono in a stiff crosswind. I got away without
groundlooping for 15 years and now I'm ready for the quiet life.