Europa-List: Monowheel to trigear conversion - figures

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel to trigear conversion - figures
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 14:59:30

I have just converted my Classic with 912UL 80hp and Airmaster 332vp prop from
mono to tri. I'm completely satisfied and delighted with the results and
particularly
I must thank Neville Eyre for his excellent work.

For your interest, my conversion has bare undercarriage legs and wheels, no
spats
(pants) or fairings intended, utilises the original combined flap/undercarriage
lever to operate the flaps without needing an electric motor and has finger
brakes.

This has all resulted in a net empty weight gain of 43 lbs (about 20 kg) to 861
lbs and the cruise speed has reduced by 8 knots from 120 to 112 at the identical
power setting.

The most important reduction for me has been the reduction in stress when
landing
the mono in a stiff crosswind. I got away without groundlooping for 15 years
and now I'm ready for the quiet life.

Read this topic online here: