Europa-List: Re: Damping Grease

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Damping Grease
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 01:32:04

Hello Pete,

I've received a text (SMS) from Nev this morning, also pointing out the
non-necessity
of applying anti-shimmy grease to both sides of the friction disk.

Seemingly once the assembly has been tightened sufficiently to remove the end
float,
it will be free to turn but won't turn quickly. It should be possible to
push with a finger, again not quickly.

The proof of the pudding lies in the eating, so doing taxi trials and rechecking
the nosewheel afterwards should give the desired result.

Thanks for the scientific insight into this matter. I'll now attempt to remove
the incredibly sticky goo from one side of the disk and the fork.

Read this topic online here: