Re: Europa-List: Re: Damping Grease

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Damping Grease
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 10:05:47
Don't think I-would-bother-Jonathan. Leave the grease on and test it.
=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: jonathanmilbank
 <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Monday, 4
 March 2013, 9:32=0ASubject: Europa-List: Re: Damping Grease=0A =0A--> Euro
pa-List message posted by: "jonathanmilbank" <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>=0A=0AH
ello Pete,=0A=0AI've received a text (SMS) from Nev this morning, also poin
ting out the non-necessity of applying anti-shimmy grease to both sides of
the friction disk.=0A=0ASeemingly once the assembly has been tightened suff
iciently to remove the end float, it will be free to turn but won't turn qu
ickly. It should be possible to push with a finger, again not quickly.=0A
=0AThe proof of the pudding lies in the eating, so doing taxi trials and re
checking the nosewheel afterwards should give the desired result.=0A=0AThan
ks for the scientific insight into this matter. I'll now attempt to remove
the incredibly sticky goo from one side of the disk and the fork.=0A=0A=0A
=0A=0ARead this topic online here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtop
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Matt Dralle, List Admi
=====