Europa-List: Trailer regulations in UK

Subject: Europa-List: Trailer regulations in UK
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 00:32:26

Good morning all,

Does anyone have info for regulations about trailers in UK, eg for a Europa?
Does
it have to be made/ constructed by some company, up to British Standard xxxxxd.
 Or can I stick it together in my backyard, bolt on some lights at the
back, and get going.  And to register ?  New number plates, or those of the car
that pulls it?

So, if I had a trailer made here in Kenya by a very good Kenya manufacturer,
shipped
my Europa (Classic) back to UK in it, in a 20' container, what sort of problems
will come at me at the UK end when I try to put it on the road?

Obviously the problems of UK/LAA certification of the Europa itself will be of
an entirely different order, but lets start with the trailer!
Best
Richard
Kenya, reg 5Y-LRY

Read this topic online here: