Europa-List: Re: PLBs

Subject: Europa-List: Re: PLBs
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 01:51:40

Hi David,
Attached is the official publication regarding ELT and PLBs requirements in
France.
The yellow highlighted lines say :  all aircraft must carry an ELT or PLB
except for CNRA, CDNR, CNRAC, CNSK et ULM  .  That means that french homebuilts,
orphans and microlights are not required to carry a PLB or ELT. So the question
is whether or not a foreign Permit aircraft is to be considered as an equivalent
of one of those french restricted certificates. I am afraid the answer
depends on the gendarme ! To any Europa pilot who would be tentatively fined
in France for not carrying a PLB I would suggest to say :  this is a kit built
aircraft equivalent to a french CNSK. Therefore, according to Arrt du 26 mars
2008  I am not required to carry a PLB or ELT .
That said I believe having a PLB on board is a good thing.
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: