Re: Europa-List: Trailer regulations in UK

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trailer regulations in UK
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 13:09:38

On 01/13/2013 11:55 AM, David Watts wrote:

> You say that you are over the 750Kg weight limit. That is a surprise.

I have put my empty trailer on an agricultural weight scale, and the
receipt said that it was 420 Kg's. Of course they usually measure the
amount of fertilizer loaded in a tractor which is a much higher weight
so the scale might be a little bit less precise on the lower end, but it
didn't look unreasonable to me. (Note that this is a trailer for a tri
gear, so it has a twin axle).

I just found the Europa Tri-gear Trailer Specification (the attached
file was rejected by Matronics) it says the empty weight is 360Kg. As I
have added boxes for the tail planes, a winch plus battery, spare wheel,
and some other goodies it might weight close to 420 Kg's after all. I
wish my Europa was only 330 Kg's but it is a tad heavier than that.

Frans