Re: Europa-List: Trailer regulations in UK

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trailer regulations in UK
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:22:36

On 01/13/2013 09:32 AM, Richard Lamprey wrote:

> Does anyone have info for regulations about trailers in UK, eg for a
> Europa?

Unfortunately every country in Europe has its own rules. For me in the
Netherlands it is impossible to get the UK-trailer registered. Luckily
it is allowed to carry the number plates of the car on the trailer,
provided the total loaded weight of the trailer does not exceed 750
Kg's. (Yes I know it is a bit heavier than this, but I think it is close
enough to talk my way out of it and in the few years I have trailered
the aircraft back and forth to the airfield for every trip nobody has
ever questioned about it).

Frans