RE: Europa-List: Handheld comm radio

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Handheld comm radio
From: Max Cointe <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:49:49
Svein,

That=92s exactly it : the FR  extension means that a kit including a
filter is
delivered with the radio and then is approved for in flight use (but I
guess
it=92s more a regulation constraint than physical need). I=92ve not yet
installed an external antenna, I will try first to evaluate what could
be
the distance where I could be heard=85

The kit comes with an additional plug to connect your head-set (mike and
hears) which includes a entry for the emission switch.

Max  Cointe

F-PMLH Europa_TriGear

Kit #560 912ULS Airmaster 450 hours

 <mailto:mcointe@free.fr> mcointe@free.fr

De : owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] De la part de Sidsel &
Svein
Johnsen
Envoy=E9 : lundi 24 septembre 2012 16:26
=C0 : europa-list@matronics.com
Objet : SV: Europa-List: Handheld comm radio

Thanks very much for the several replies.  It seems to be clear that an
external antenna is required for good transmission, so I will check out
the
AAE antenna which Aircraft Spruce sells.

As for the radio, it is interesting to note the FR notation after the
type
number on your Icom radio, Max (Icom IC-A6FR).  From what I can
understand,
this is as special model (or a special package) including a filter which
makes it an approved aviation radio for French registered light
aircrafts.
Can you comment on this, Max ' my French is not what it used to be
(never
was =85..).

The French Icom promotion video shows this radio in a cockpit with an
external antenna cable connected ' is that your set-up, too, Max?  I
could
not see that  a hand-held mike is available for this radio, though.

Regards,

Svein