Re: Europa-List: Handheld comm radio

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Handheld comm radio
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:25:31

        Hi Svein

        I mounted a Vertex handheld in my panel run through an audio panel. (not
flying yet)

        I have a separate antenna for the Vertex. I have the AAE antenna folded
in half so that it works equally as bad on Nav and Com. Reality is
it probably will function ~ 75% of it being properly orientated. Works a
lot better than the rubber ducky antenna. The antenna is easily removable
so you can work in the back.

        Using a better antenna than the rubber ducky will give you a lot better
results no matter what radio you use.

        Pics of panel mounted radio:

        http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=27305

        Pics of removable antenna (folded in half):

        http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=31216

        Ron Parigoris