RE: Europa-List: Handheld comm radio

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Handheld comm radio
From: Max Cointe <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:09:58
Just bought this week an Icon IC-A6FR as I had a radio failure during
our
last trip and it was inside a CTR=85

Standard connection to head-set is available in the package.  Reception
is
loud and clear (even in the hangar which is the worst situation, much
more
than in the plane). I wasn=92t yet able to experiment deeply the quality
of
the emission as I was alone in the ship but it works fine. I will do it
probably next WE and let you know.

Max  Cointe

F-PMLH Europa_TriGear

Kit #560 912ULS Airmaster 450 hours

 <mailto:mcointe@free.fr> mcointe@free.fr

De : owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] De la part de Sidsel &
Svein
Johnsen
Envoy=E9 : dimanche 23 septembre 2012 18:27
=C0 : europa-list@matronics.com
Objet : Europa-List: Handheld comm radio

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with a handheld VHF comm radio
used in the aircraft?  I am interested in this option as a second radio
on
board, both in case the installed radio should fail and 'primarily '
as a
means of listening to VFR traffic close to non-towered airports and
air-to-air communication (fairly close range) while still listening to
the
traffic controllers on radio no. 1.

Info on radio, connection to external antenna if any, connection to
headset,
etc., appreciated.

Regards

Svein