Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 - how to avoid an overboost?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 - how to avoid an overboost?
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:18:13

PHILLIPS I a crit :

> Hi Gilles
>
> I decided early on in my wiring to make sure that the waist gate servo
> and ECU always had power, So I have wired it direct bi passing the
> battery contactor,
>
> It has a klixon CB that is always pulled after shutdown,
>

> Normally the first thing I do when climbing aboard is to push home the CB
>
> And listen for the servo to go through its start sequence and check
> the warning
>
> Lights,
>

> I also have a toggle switch for the same circuit but that is normally
> left on with
>
> A further single action push switch dedicated to the servo,  only used
> in case of hunting,
>

> The moral of the story is when interrupted for any reason doing your
> checklist

Ivor,

Understand, thank you for your response.
We followed the same line of thought, but our TCU is fed through an
Essential/Endurance bus. The auxilliary pump is fed direct from the aux
battery (with a 'forget me not' buzzer when the engine does not run, to
help prevent draining the battery after shutdown).

Best regards,
--
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr