Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 - how to avoid an overboost?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 - how to avoid an overboost?
From: PHILLIPS I <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:39:40
Hi Gilles

I decided early on in my wiring to make sure that the waist gate servo and
ECU always had power, So I have wired it direct bi passing the battery
contactor,

It has a klixon CB that is always pulled after shutdown,

Normally the first thing I do when climbing aboard is to push home the CB

And listen for the servo to go through its start sequence and check the
warning

Lights,

I also have a toggle switch for the same circuit but that is normally left
on with

A further single action push switch dedicated to the servo,  only used in
case of hunting,

The moral of the story is when interrupted for any reason doing your
checklist

On 17 July 2012 13:24, Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@ac-grenoble.fr> wrote:

> Gilles.Thesee@ac-grenoble.fr>
>
> PHILLIPS I a =E9crit :
>

>> I normally switch on my dedicated CB for the waist gate servo as part of
>> my check list as soon as I get in the cockpit, But on one occasion becau
se
>> I was distracted by
>>
>> Ground crew I totally forgot to check,
>>
>> Half way down the runway gets a loud over boost warning from the Dynon
>> EMS 10
>>

> Ivor,
> Your message seems to imply you disconnect the TCU/turbo CB when on the
> ground. Just out of curiosity, is that so, and what purpose exactly is th
at
> for ?
> Doesn't the master switch suffice to turn off everything in the ship ?
>
> Thanks
>

> Best regards,
> --
> Gilles