Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 - how to avoid an overboost?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 - how to avoid an overboost?
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 05:59:19

Frans,

thanks for your sympathies and comments on this which of course are much
appreciated.

Principally I agree with all you are saying,

But: electricity can be lost at any time, so everything might be looking good on
start up. You can encounter the same problem during taxi or run up (like me)
or in the descend, when the waste gate is also fully closed. Select full power
on a go around and you have it as well - with no warning lights at all.

Watching the manifold can be an option, but believe me that you have an
overboost
within a second or two with T/O-power and the gate fully closed - so you have
to be very quick. I also doubt, that you have your eyes on this the first
seconds
in a go around situation.

Regards
Roland