Re: Europa-List: Stall/spin

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Stall/spin
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 12:00:28

David,
Very good article, well done.
As an airline pilot we do not have to sit the biannual flight check on the
Europa,
as it is taken care by our Airline Transport Pilots Licence and the 6 monthly(
2 x simulator checks (8hrs!)) check we do. This lends to  false 'sense of
confidence' when flying the lighter aircraft and therefore each year I take my
bird up to go through all the unusual attitude excercises. Check myself, and
teach my son.
Well worth it, great fun, and re confirms ones own confidence in the Europa.
I installed the Europa company stall warning however the voice response is a
good
alternative, particularly a ladies voice as we have all learnt to take notice!

Cheers,

Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street