Europa-List: Re: The Standard Warning Light

Subject: Europa-List: Re: The Standard Warning Light
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 12:36:24

Hi Bob.
Thank you for your detailed reply, I agree with all of your comments.
I purchased the aircraft on 8th June and it was ferried to Headcorn on the 20th,
this is when i found the rough running on the left mag,
So its been a month and i have not even flown it yet.
I have managed to talk to the previous owner and he tells me the Flydat has been
showing "Service" for some time, and is brought about by exceeding a parameter,
say a prop over-speed, and only Rotax can Reset the unit at probably some
extortionate cost .
He has been flying with the unite like this for some years,,
This is not good practice, and i am not sure if the warning lights do there pre
start checks with Service showing, will check tomorrow.
Also i am not happy with the mag drop .
Having said  this i understand a little, as this is Rip Off England,you pay 50
bucks for a Spark Plug Cap, and we pay 33 (47 dollars).
But it looks like i will have to have this Reset and most likely a Technician
to sort out the mags, as i have changed the plugs,leads,caps, so now special
test
needed, as these ECU are 880 each, apparently a Ducati motor cycle part with
a different number ???
Regards.
Alan

Read this topic online here: