Re: Europa-List: Show us your panels !

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Show us your panels !
From: R Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:19:46

On 03/06/2012 19:21, rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us wrote:

> Thx. for sharing your panel with us.

> Can you explain or show a shot of the other side of the
> red rubber band and steel? I imagine it clamps somehow
> onto the rudder pedals.

The red rubber band and steel is the control lock. The
other side goes to a "T-piece" that is goes into the
rudder pedals. It actually slides into the hollow pedals
(from between them) The red rubber bands are there as the
cylindrical shape isn't quite aligned with the top of the
stick so helps to keep it in place. UK residents will
recognise the red rubber bands as Royal Mail issue :-)
(Previously enjoyed)

> Another question, what is the T handle for by the
> choke? If not a parking brake can you explain your
> plumbing and routing of air.

The T handle is for my cowl flap which is behind the
radiators - blanking off the space when it is cold. When
pulled the shaft is marked with green and yellow and red
bands.

Parking brake is in  front of the brake levers.

> Last question, it looks like you have some kind of
> paint protector for the door shoot bolt hole (port
> front). How does it work, what did you use?

It is a piece of something (I didn't build that bit) maybe
SS, which provides an accurate hole for the shoot bolt and
protects the surrounding fibreglass.

HTH

Richard, ho would really like to be involved designing and
building panels following my logic.

PS, my logic says that every electrical joint is soldered
as crimping is a) a poor mechanical connection and b) a
poor electrical connection :-) Soldering is a very good
mechanical and electrical connection; I just make sure
there is no wicking of solder up the cable by minimising
the amount of solder and holding the joint the right way
when soldering.

[Stands back and waits for incoming flak]