Re: Europa-List: Show us your panels !

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Show us your panels !
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:15:37

On 06/05/2012 11:46 PM, Raimo Toivio wrote:

> Do agree. I have soldered all the possible joints. They will last forever.

Same here. I soldered almost everything. Using proper materials and
operation there is nothing wrong with soldering.
The only caveat is that you MUST protect solder joints from movements.
Judicious use of tie-wraps is the key. ;-)

All the internal parts of avionics are soldered as well. I still need to
see the first GPS units where the internal parts are crimped rather than
soldered. :-D

Frans