Re: Europa-List: Show us your panels !

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Show us your panels !
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 07:46:42
Actually, I crossed over to the "dark side" on this one.  I was initially
very skeptical about using crimping, but after doing some research I
decided to give it a try.  The airplane has been flying since 2004 and I
have not had any issues with crimps.

Just as an aside, a long time I ago I did a class called high reliability
soldering.  One of the exercises we did was to cut a cross section of
various solder joints and examine them under a metallurgy microscope.  It
was quite surprising the number of joints that looked okay were in actual
fact crystalline.

Paul