Re: Europa-List: Trutrak or Trio Autopilot?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trutrak or Trio Autopilot?
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 19:44:08
On 3 Jun 2012, at 15:18, Andrew Sarangan wrote:

> Mod 76 says the Trutrak servo won't fit inside the thigh support
compartment because the D-type connector is at the back of the servo and
will stick out into the tunnel. So for the monowheel this won't work. I
am a bit surprised that the connector cannot be modified somehow. But I
don't have a Trutrak servo on hand to come up with a different plan.
Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Andrew - here attached is a picture of my approach to the issue of the
protruding D-type connector on the TruTrak servo for my wing-leveller
installation. It's a short length of aluminium angle with holes made to
suit male & female 9-way connectors. The interconnexions are made with
solid copper wire (can't remember what gauge fitted the solder buckets
nicely) and I will add an insulating cover before installation.

in friendship

Rowland