Europa-List: Re: Tie bar recess

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tie bar recess
From: jglazener <j.glazener@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 07:39:47

Thanks all!

I have in the meantime gone ahead and made the slot.

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=79981

It is indeed more hassle than I thought, so a good thing. I also found out that
through no fault of my own, I had actually shaped the LG ribs to the exact size
needed for clearance. A useful exception to the (Europa) rule that things go
wrong by themselves, but not right.

Im having a good rethink on the bonding issue. The main attraction is that with
the tail twist I have I can get that issue put to bed once and for all and not
keep worrying about it (which I do). I understand the advantage of keeping it
open, though I have been busy the last half year trying to cover all my bases,
including the tailplane travel. And I know, as soon as the adhesive is dry
I will think of something I missed.. Agree about the manual being too quick with
bonding. In fact they even want you to put the MLG in after bonding. I really
pity the lost souls who ended up doing that.

regards, Jeroen

--------
Jeroen

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165