Europa-List: Re: Tie bar recess

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tie bar recess
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 07:07:41

I built my kit 10 yrs ago and the tie bar was an-interbuild upgrade.

No big deal to cut a slot in the rear tunnel, just make only a few mm
larger in width and depth than absolutely needed since the tunnel
 is structural for the lengthwise flexing load. I did not flox the rod
into the structure and would defer to Bud as to whether that is a
good idea or not.

BTW, the lateral attach points and bolts of the rod were the absolutely
most difficult part of the entire kit since it was a late addition and there
was no room for my fingers behind the seat/tank back.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: