Re: Europa-List: fuel vents lines

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel vents lines
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:26:52
Max,=0A=0AI plumbed both the vent lines into the top of the the filler ("c
obra") and thence aft to vent. =C2-I did this because I had been informe
d by a couple different builders that the vent lines, especially the tank
vent, tend to burp out gas (petrol) while filling and it's best if they do
n't burp it all over the fuselage. =C2-I can say that it is correct that
 I get a fair bit of petrol out of the vent into the filler while filling.
 =C2-=0A=0AWere I to do it all again, I'd install an even larger vent li
ne, maybe 3/8 or even 1/2 inch, to allow better venting while filling. =C2
-Filling rate, for my aircraft anyway, is limited by vent rate and if I
try to fill faster than vent rate it will burp back up the filler neck, al
l over you and the side of the aircraft. =C2- Fill carefully the first t
ime to determine just how fast you can fill.=0ABlue skies & tailwinds,=0AB
ob Borger=0AEuropa XS Tri, Rotax 914 w/ Intercooler & Airmaster C/S Prop=0A
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming AEIO-320 EXP=0A3705 Lynchburg Dr.=0ACo
rinth, TX 76208-5331=0AH: 940-497-2123=0AC: 817-992-1117=0A=0AOn Apr 21, 2
012, at 10:47 AM, Max Cointe <mcointe@free.fr> wrote:=0A=0AHi There All,=0A
=C2-=0ABrowsing on the gallery of europaowners I saw few pictures showin
g the vent lines (tank vent and visual gauge vent) going to the fuel fille
r and not to the top of the roof as shown in the manual and installed on o
ur ship. Has anyone input on that mod, was that a specific filler?=0ACheer
s,=0AMax=C2- Cointe=0AF-PMLH TriGear Kit #560=0A912ULS Airmaster 420 hou