Re: Europa-List: fuel vents lines

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel vents lines
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 20:54:29
       Photo E-mail   View slideshow
<https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=2161856909618aa7&page=play&;
resid=2161856909618AA7!238&type=5&authkey=!AP_XK1w434iOGtM>|
Download images
<https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=2161856909618aa7&page=downl
oadphotos&resid=2161856909618AA7!238&type=5&authkey=!AP_XK1w434iOGt

Max,
Please refer to my website for some details on the vent tube out the
bottom and a sight gauge that works.  The details on the website are
general in nature.  I have done many of these using the concept of the
drawing below.  It works, allows overfill fuel to drain out of the
cobra, keeps fuel off the top of the aircraft and provides a very
accurate fuel gauge.  So much so I don=92t need any other form of gauge
or sender.

<https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=2161856909618aa7&page=play&;
resid=2161856909618AA7!239&parid=2161856909618AA7!238&type=1&authke
y=!AP_XK1w434iOGtM>

I keep a short piece of 1/4 inch hose to allow me to assure accuracy in
case fuel gets in my sight gauge vent line.  If I overfill my plane and
believe my sight gauge vent side is full of fuel, I simply put the 1/4
inch line on the inside the cobra tee for the sight gauge vent and blow
into it until I hear bubbles in the tank.  Sight gauge is accurate as it
can be.  Just make sure your sight gauge elbow or tee is the highest
point in the cobra neck and your drain is lower.

Just an idea...

Regards,

Bud Yerly
Europa Tech Support,