Re: Europa-List: landing gear frame geometry

Subject: Re: Europa-List: landing gear frame geometry
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:10:39

Hi Rowland,
Cut some 1/8''ply shims 1'' wide by about 10'' long, push the frame into th
e tunnel and slip the shims behind the VERTICAL frame tubes. [ or tape them
 to the aft of the tubes]
Check that the lower  U/C frame mounting tube is level with the spar pin bu
shes, useing a straight edge / level set on the pins [slot the holes in the
 firewall to achieve this] then kick / whack with a soft hammer the frame b
ack so it nips the two shims, that is where you drill / bolt it.
The frame tube geometry is all over the place, ignore it, just get the lowe
r tube level and the two vertical tubes 1/8'' off the firewall.
Cheers,
Nev.