Europa-List: mass balance stop and pushrod containment assembly

Subject: Europa-List: mass balance stop and pushrod containment assembly
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:05:28

I recall that a long time ago someone (perhaps Graham Singleton) posted a method
of making the layup to connect the top end of bulkhead that provides the mass
balance stops and the pitch pushrod containment to the fuselage top. The
principle
was to make some sort of splash moulding, if I remember rightly, before
bonding on the fuselage top moulding. I thought at the time it seemed a great
idea and I thought I'd remember how to fetch it up again.

However, despite searching through all the available e-mail list archives, I
don't
seem to be able to hit on the right keyword(s) to bring up that posting.

I did find something by Dave Simpson on 28 Jan 2002, but that isn't quite what
I am looking for as it appears to be applicable _after_ the top is on.

Can anyone point me to the source of this? Any clues welcome - who proposed it,
when was it posted, or the full text if you have it available.

in friendship

Rowland