Re: Europa-List: landing gear frame geometry

Subject: Re: Europa-List: landing gear frame geometry
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 22:28:53
Nev=0Acould I add " make sure the top tube is far enough from the firewall
to allow the shock cord to go through easily" or isn't that=0Aa problem?=0A
regards=0AGraham=0Aprobably bump into you next week! (unless you see me fir
st! -!:-)=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Neville Eyre
<neveyre@aol.co.uk>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Wednesday, 18
April 2012, 21:10=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: landing gear frame geometry
=0A =0A=0AHi Rowland,=0ACut some 1/8''ply shims 1'' wide by about 10'' long
, push the frame into the tunnel and slip the shims behind the VERTICAL fra
me tubes. [ or tape them to the aft of the tubes]=0ACheck that the lower-
 U/C frame mounting tube is level with the spar pin bushes, useing a straig
ht edge / level set on the pins-[slot the holes in the firewall to achiev
e this] then kick / whack with a soft hammer the frame back so it nips the
two shims, that is where you drill / bolt it.=0AThe frame tube geometry is
all over the place, ignore it, just get the lower tube level and the two ve
rtical tubes 1/8'' off the firewall.=0ACheers,=0ANev.