Re: Europa-List: Re: Pitot Static

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Pitot Static
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:39:08

        Hi Kevin

        I have a Dynon D10A and want to fool with the AOA. I made a Home Grown
probe that looks like it came from the Europa Factory (third leg) I
haven't flown with it yet. Until I get some time on the bird, I
didn't want to try a new position for the static and pitot. Thus my
plan is to leave everything in the factory position including the AOA. I
will try calibrating and see if the AOA gives any meaningful
information.

        I made provisions that will allow me to easily move everything (Pitot,
Static and AOA) to the front cover. Look through all the pics as I
describe everything and my thinking in detail.

        http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=86923

        See:

        Homegrown AOA for Dynon D-10A. Plan "A", "B" and now
"C / D".

        The "Taco" approach as I describe to making the inside cover
flange for the front cover will work just as easy on completed wings.
Since your top panels are already bonded on, making 3 aluminium tubes
permanently mounted would be difficult, but I think with not too much
effort you could run Tygon tubing forward. Find someone with small arms
to help out! Run by Bud if it would be OK to drill a hole or holes
through spar to run the tubing up forward.

        Good Luck

        Ron Parigoris