Re: Europa-List: Re: Pitot Static

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Pitot Static
From: klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:08:37
Hi All,
I'm thinking about adding Angle of Attack function to my Dynon D10a unit. Th
is requires the Dynon aoa pitot to be installed on my completed wing. I thin
k that could be done easily by mounting the pitot on the bellcrank access co
ver. Has anyone done this successfully?
thanks, Kevin
Mono 914, 400hrs
On Mar 31, 2012, at 1:09 PM, jimpuglise@comcast.net wrote:

> Paul-
>
> I mounted my Dynon on the same wing as the Europa probe.  It mounts a litt
le more toward the leading edge as I recall.  I think I mounted mine just be
hind the spar.  If you have closed your wings, you would need to put a hole i
n your skin to mount it, and do as Bud said and use the Gretz mount.  I back
ed my Gretz mount with 1/16 plywood and BID.  I put them in the same wing to
 avoid putting a run of irrigation tubing in the other wing also.  The four t
ubes share a length of tubing to the wing root.  I actually had to change th
e tubing and was able to get to it through the inspection port and do it in o
nly an hour or so.  I used a "T" connector to use the Europa static port for
 the Dynon also.  Works fine.  I have photos of it all if you need them.

> Jim Puglise
> N283JL -- 15 hrs and fighting cooling devils

ormal A/S and Altimeter.  The Dynon probe is added to the other wing normall
y and feeds the Dynon pitot/aoa.  I make a 5 inch access hole and build in a
 flange then mount the probe and its Gretz mount to the wing about 10 inches
 back from the leading edge as that is what Dynon recommends I believe for i
ts AOA function.  Should icing be a consideration, I mount a cockpit static v
alve to use the cockpit air which is accurate to about 2 knots and 50 feet a
t all speeds and altitudes to 10,000 ft.

> Do not mount the Dynon where the standard pitot is.
>
> Regards,
> Bud

f installing this AoA, but their probe has just 2 holes - pitot and AoA - I'
d then have to find another source    for the static air - can you recall wh
at George Reed did for static?

 href="http://forums.matronics.com";>http://forums.matronics.com
com/contribution href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution";>http://www.m
atronics.com/c================