Re: Europa-List: pitot/static connectors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: pitot/static connectors
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 08:04:10

Hi David.

I don't have a solution for you but thanks for the heads up. Just checked mine
and found that the O rings were perished.

Richard Iddon  G-RIXS

On 8 Dec 2011, at 11:15, David Joyce wrote:

> Since building my plane I have been very conscientious about replacing all
> rubber
hoses every 5 yrs, but sadly overlooked the 'O' rings on the quick connectors
for the pitot static lines at the wing root. These have gone rock solid since
last derigged and it looks as though I can only disconnect them at the expense
of destroying the connectors. I mention it for the benefit of those whose
connectors are nearly as old as mine and in the faint hope that someone out
there has found a solution to this problem.