Europa-List: Re: GPS...

Subject: Europa-List: Re: GPS...
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 05:08:32

Hi Kevin,

We've been using SkyCharts Pro for a year and a half and really like it.  Not as
many bells & whistles as ForeFlight but less expesnive.  Gives updates for all
the charts and approach plates for $20 / year.  No flight planning but does
give a magenta line and shows your position, nearest airports, ETA, etc.  TFRs,
METARs & TAFs show when connected to WIFI (or as of last connection if you
enable it).

We use NavMonster for flight planning.  The winds forecast showing headwind /
tailwind and the predicted flight time is great!  It's at www.navmonster.com

We have XM weather on our EFIS.  The $35 / mo package is adequate for our needs,
and you can suspend it for months when you won't be flying and restart with
no additional fee.

Jim & Heather
N241BW

Read this topic online here: