Re: Europa-List: Any idea what this is?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Any idea what this is?
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:09:45

Hi,
As Jim and Heather have said, the rigging cup that captures the tip of the
Port spar. Not needed to be there for structural reasons, but makes life a
whole lot easier to rig the wings.
Would have / should have been Reduxed on during the build, I insist [ when
doing Final Inspections] on a 3 ply Bid lay up from the rim, onto the seatb
ack bulkhead [ 1'' x 1'' ] to prevent just this from happening.
If you haven't got Redux about, scuff the can and seat back area with 80 gr
it paper and bond on with [std ] J B Weld, wipe on a good radius fillet, th
en do a 3 Bid lay up with whatever epoxy you can get , Zap from you Hobby S
tore will do for this. It should ''register'' back on to the Redux pad that
 is left on the seatback, you can release the tip of the Port spar with pac
king tape and wax, and nip up with a greased bolt with the Port wing rigged
 to be sure of correct position.
Check the bond of the other one [ on the aft of the Port spar ]that  takes
the Stb  spar tip.
Cheers,
Nev