RE: Europa-List: Eye bolt tie down through wing/flap hinge block (trike

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Eye bolt tie down through wing/flap hinge block (trike
From: Gavin and Anne Lee <gavanne@iconz.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:27:41

The Europa sits very nicely in the wind, it might rock around a bit but it's
important
that the tie down ropes are only loosely tied with some slack, it's rare
that the wind will blow hard enough to move the aircraft, (on grass anyway),
In 3 years of tying down a Europa at out stations I've never had it pull up
hard against the tie downs so they are not under continuous stress, mainly there
for the odd gust that might come through.
Depends where you live and what your weather patterns are of course

Gavin Lee..............ZK-EPA