Europa-List: Re: Wiring connectors

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Wiring connectors
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:36:22

Crimping is the way to go for most of the power circuits in the Europa.

It is extremely important to purchase and use only Aviation grade
crimp, not the automotive grade commonly available locally.

The Aviation grade connectors, like "PIDG" are closed barrel with the
metal internal sleeve extending up the barrel to support the insulation.

In Auto grade connectors, the metal sleeve stops deep inside the barrel
and only grips the bare wire.  These connectors fail with vibration.

The Europa needs some wire gauges other than 20ga.  Again, choose
the right colored connector for the wire gauge.  I bought ring crimp
connectors for up to 4-0 welding cable for the lines from my battery to
contactor to starter for example.

Cheers,

Ira

--------