Re: Europa-List: Eye bolt tie down through wing/flap hinge block (trike

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Eye bolt tie down through wing/flap hinge block (trike
From: Gerry Holland <gholland@contentstream.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:48:56

Regarding laterals loads on outriggers.
Watching a Europa Mono turn or manoeuvre on the ground and especially grass is
a torturous sight. Being pull backwards, even worse.
The nylon often bends way out of true and that must inflict loads to the
mountings.
They seem sufficient in that case.
I fitted tie down eyes to the outboard Flap fixings on a Trigear. Based on the
insight of that fixing area when building it, I think it has a good strength
capability
and doesn't compromise long term fixing.
All of this is my ageing and confused opinion!
Regards
Gerry