Re: Europa-List: Eye bolt tie down through wing/flap hinge block (trike

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Eye bolt tie down through wing/flap hinge block (trike
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:02:09

No Problem !
This is the position of the Mono Wheel Outriggers, the attachment and struc
ture in the wing was set up to take the loads from that.
Only point I will make, Bob must have had an early Mono Kit with the Alloy
latch block [ that he has drilled though for the eye bolt] Trigear Kits hav
e a plastic [ spacer ] block, later Mono Kits had a three piece[ tufnel / h
ardened steel / tufnel ] latch block assembly. You won't drill though it  i
f you have converted from a Mono and left the steel latch block in place !
I suggest Trigear owners do what I do, back up the plastic with an alloy pl
ate to spread the load. I also put a tube guide down to near the fairing to
 help find the hole.
Check you have three bolts through each bracket to the embedded plates in t
he wing.
Cheers,
Nev.