Re: Europa-List: broken tap

Subject: Re: Europa-List: broken tap
From: hagargs <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 06:10:15

Depending on how far you are in get a punch and a big hammer and punch it
through
all the way from the best side.  Then drill the hole for a heli-coil and go
ahead and put the screw in.  By the way you should be using coarse threads for
soft material like aluminum.  Use 10-24 and lubricant when tapping.

Steve Hagar