Re: Europa-List: Re: broken tap

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: broken tap
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 09:38:13
Fred=0Ayou could try pushing four bits of locking wire down the flutes,twis
t them =0Atogether and trying to work it out. Best approach at that stage i
s twisting and =0Areversing a bit at a time. You will need to break off the
 bits of swarf from the =0Alast bit of cutting before the tap broke. Warmin
g the aluminum might help, it =0Awill expand more than the steel tap. Good
luck!=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Fred Kle
in <fklein@orcasonline.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Saturda
y, 19 November, 2011 4:20:58=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Re: broken tap=0A
=0A=0A=0AOn Nov 18, 2011, at 7:45 PM, rparigoris wrote:=0A=0A> =0A> **I rem
ember seeing tap removers for two and three flute taps, they have prongs
=0A>to fit down the flutes. Perhaps have a look in McMaster,=0A=0ARon...exc
ellent suggestion...I find that "4 finger" extractors exist...and =0Ahopefu
lly, I can find one locally which I can borrow!=0A=0AThanks much...Fred=0A